HO Scale VR Model Railways

My online record of my model railway activities. I model Victorian Railways (Australia) in HO scale.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

VR BW Passenger car


This is the first item of rollingstock to come off my workbench in a while - 12BW, built from the left over bits and pieces that accumulate when you've built a few of the SEM E car kits.


Of course, you can do it the easy way and simply buy the kit but I wanted to get rid of some of the aforementioned bits and pieces. Even though this kit's been around for a while I think it builds into a very acceptable model, even by today's standards.

I used this model to test some of the Tamiya spray cans, rather than use the SEM enamels. Much quicker, cleaner and easier to use than my airbrush, and even though I think the red's not quite right (Tamiya Itailian Red), I'm happy to accept the compromise. With some weathering I think it will still look pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home